Come explore the world of stamping with me!

21 April 2011

Bargello Woodland Walk



I'm back! We had a lovely trip and now it's time to get into the swing of things back home. In some ways, that's harder than I thought. This morning I had a big case of "stampers block". Usually there are all sorts of card ideas bouncing around in my head, but I drew a total blank today. Yesterday, I tried to stamp a bit but ended up just cleaning up the studio. Nothing would come! So, when my pseudo jet lag had me up at 5:30am this morning I decided to take a look at Splitcoast Stampers for some inspiration. There I found a tutorial on the bargello technique. It's a great way to use strips of designer paper in a whole new way. This is my first attempt. I decided to go with a simple zig-zag using my strips of Woodland Walk designer paper. Honestly, it looked even more impressive before I used the Big Shot, but I wanted a slightly smaller piece for this card rather than a full card front of bargello. Do you recognise the texture on the Garden Green piece? It's from one of SU's Texturz Plates & makes a great wood grain effect. Whew! I think I'm almost back in the groove now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!