Come explore the world of stamping with me!

09 August 2011

Black & White and Red All Over



What's black & white and red all over? A zebra with a sunburn. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm very excited to share this card with you today. It's one of my very favorites from the "Buttons, Ribbon, Paper Oh My" classes that start this week. It looks even more striking in person, but my photography skills (and my camera's low battery) weren't totally up to the challenge this morning. It's super simple but still has lots of panache! The card is a compilation of left over Make & Take bits from one of my convention projects. I decided to decorate my Card Keeper using Spice Cake rather than the Timeless Portrait provided at convention. That left me with some bits to tinker with & you know I can't have anything go to waste! I'll have to admit, I wasn't drawn to the Timeless Portrait paper at first, but I just didn't look at it right. All I saw at first were silhouettes & clocks and I missed the bold red, black, and blue patterns. Silly me! Making the flower for this one was my favorite part. I took six of the largest petals from the Blossom Petals punch & one Fancy Flower punch and spritzed them with water. Once they were wet, I crunched them up into little balls, uncrunched them, and let them dry. I adhered the individual petals to a small circle to keep them together & added the flower on top. Doesn't it create a great effect? Of course, the flower still needed a center. Hmmmm... time for one more trick learned at convention. Out came my Lace Ribbon Boarder Punch and my 1" Circle punch. When used together, you get this great little detailed circle. Add a pearl, some satin ribbon, and a hounds tooth background to complete the card. Love it. Playing with scraps can be such fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!