Come explore the world of stamping with me!

17 August 2011

Punch Art Fairy



Yesterday I was stuck. It was my niece's fourth birthday and I had no idea what to do for her card. She's having a fairy princess themed party today, but I don't own a single fairy or princess stamp. What's a girl to do except consult the punch art goddesses out there? So, I did what any resourceful stamper would do and did a google search. She's a case of double CASE (Copy and Share Everything). I found her on Amanda Mertz's blog and it looks like Amanda found the idea from Ellen Kemper. Thanks for the inspiration, ladies! In the true spirit of CASE-ing, I modified my little fairy to fit my style. I also gave her a bit of bling thanks to a couple of sneak peak products from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Her wings are outlined with Dazzling Details glitter glue & her shoes and wand center are made out of silver Glimmer Paper. Fun! The Dazzling Details is like no glitter glue I've ever used. It is so easy to put on a precise location because of the skinny tip & after about a month of no use (I was lucky enough to get some at Convention), it wasn't clogged at all. I just opened it up and started to use it. Here's a breakdown of the punches/embosslits I used in case you are also in need of a quick and fun fairy: Face- Ornament Punch, Ears- XL Bird Punch, Hair- Large Ovals, Wings- Blossom Petals Builder, Arms/Legs/Neck/Shoes- Word Window Punch, Dress- Scallop Oval Punch & Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Wand- Lace Ribbon Boarder Punch & 1/4" Circle Punch with Cupcake Punch for the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!