Come explore the world of stamping with me!

12 August 2012

Scallop Circle Flower Throwdown/ Color Throwdown #204

It's such fun to see a photo of something that makes you think "I want to try THAT" and then sitting down and doing just that!  In this month's Stampin' Success (the magazine just for SU demos...let me know if you want to join the team so you can get inspired each month too!) they pictured a flower made from lots of little scalloped circles and glued together using hot glue & the new Silicone Craft sheet.  Well, I just had to give it a try since my very own Silicone Craft Sheet arrived this week along with my new glue gun.  Such fun!  I went over to the folks at The Color Throwdown for color inspiration & found this week's pallet includes Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Gray & Very Vanilla.  Since I really wanted to use pearls on this card, I replaced the Very Vanilla with Whisper White & then just went for it!  I've never used hot glue with paper crafting before.  Wow, was that easy!  And no hassle at all thanks to my Silicone Sheet.   I didn't even have to worry about burning myself because I could glue straight on to the sheet.  No need to hold anything and glue at the same time.  Excellent!  I was a little startled to find that I have four different sizes of scallop circle punch now.  How about that?  Oh, and there is also the scallop circle Big Shot Die.  Tee hee... I love creating layers!!  This card ended up as an easy show stopper!  I don't think it'll fit in an envelope though...

1 comment:

  1. Love your bold and beautiful interpretation of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!