Come explore the world of stamping with me!

01 August 2012

Jerry's Core'dinations Birthday

Welcome to August and the start of the Holiday Mini Catalog season!  Today is also my father-in-law's birthday.  So, to kick off both events in style I created a birthday card for Jerry with some of my new toys from the Holiday Mini.  I started out with the super exciting Core'dinations cardstock. This cardstock comes in three colors (Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, & Gumball Green) and has a slightly lighter shade hidden in its core.  Hence the name.  The hidden layer comes out when you texturize &/or sand the paper.  I did both here to bring out the sort of Crumb Cake layer beneath.  For sanding I Used the new Stampin' Sanding System you can also find in the Holiday mini.  I also used a few new Big Shot toys on this card. The Wood grain embossing folder was simply a must as was the Lacy Brocade (used on the large leaf).  Speaking of the large leaf, that lovely maple leaf is part of the Autumn Accents Die you'll find on pg 33 of the mini catalog.  Never fear, there is a coordinating stamp set for that die.  Stampin' Up makes things so easy!  Visit my website to view the new holiday mini catalog or contact me today to get your own copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!