Come explore the world of stamping with me!

02 February 2013

It's a Napkin/ Color Throwdown #227

     Ok, this was the most fun I've had crafting in ages.  It's always great to stretch by trying a new technique and I've been itching to try this one since Stampin' Up Regionals this fall.  While there, I watched Connie Ingram demonstrate this sparkle extravaganza.  It's hard to capture just how glittery the main image really becomes using Connie's stampin' magic.  When I saw the color pallet over at the Color Throwdown, I knew this was the perfect match!
   
     You start with a pretty, but ordinary paper napkin.  Cut it to about the size you want & then use adhesive sheets to adhere it to a piece of cardstock.  Now it's like uber designer paper.  Then comes the fun part--- use heat and stick powder to coat the whole thing in Dazzling Diamonds glitter!!    The result is more sparkle than you can shake a stick at!

      The Perfectly Penned sentiment set adds words with just the right level of elegance for this creation.  Who knew how much fun you could have with napkins!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, how pretty and what a clever idea to use the napkin...I'll have to give that a try!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!