Come explore the world of stamping with me!

24 August 2010

Thanksgiving in August


My husband named this one, can you tell? Today begins the great drive home. I think we're looking at about 13 hours total drive time for this round. A brief stop in Lexington on our way and then we'll be in Southern Illinois for our first parent visit. This card is one I definitely wouldn't have made without the "on the road challenge". This little leaf is one of the minor stamps from the Awash with Flowers set and I just picked it out because I wanted to make something different than the last two posts. That, and it's almost time for fall cards anyway. So, I started out knowing I wanted to use this image. Then i looked at the punches I have along and discovered that the leaf fits nicely in the new little oval punch from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Low and behold, that punch fits inside the 1" Circle Punch. It was meant to be! Lucky for me I had a few buttons in that odds & ends container that matched my impromptu color scheme. It all just fell into place. Versamark let me have whatever color ink I needed and the Elegance Wheel gave me a little something different for the top and bottom boarder. I'm excited to see just how much I'm able to do with so little. While I may get frustrated from time to time, it's just too much fun to see what I can come up with . I 've used Awash with Flowers so little before this challenge. Now I can use it all the time! To think I only have half of the set with me. Who knows what I could do with both?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!