Come explore the world of stamping with me!

13 November 2010

Hydrangea Thank You

The first time I saw a hydrangea and
learned its name was on a cold day in Pittsburgh well over ten years ago. My husband (boyfriend then) and I were touring Phipps Conservatory while they had an incredible display of these lovely flowers. We no longer felt the damp chill of outside, but were transported. That's what I thought of when I saw the focal image from the Because I Care hostess set. Fitting then that I haven't used it until this chilly November morning. I paired it up with the PPC Color Challenge choices of the week: Bravo Burgundy, Concord Crush, and Baja Breeze. I also took the opportunity to try some techniques I've been wanting to incorporate for a while. The focal image was an easy fit for making a window of sorts using my 1 1/4" square punch & I practiced with my new Crop-a-dile to add a few little eyelets. Now, I just need to make its twin to send off and one for my display boards!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrea! Gorgeous card using our colors at Picture Perfect this week! Love it!

    Lori - PPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Andrea! I love the look of the cut up hydrangea! And awesome job with the new crop-a-dile! Those eyelets look better than any I've ever set with mine! Thanks for joining us at PPC and hope to see you tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!