Come explore the world of stamping with me!

08 November 2010

Rejoicing in Christmas Mojo


Another Monday and another lovely sketch from the folks over at Mojo Monday. Thanks again to Sharon for turning me on to that site way back when...it's what helped push me towards creating a blog!
I've been wanting to create something a bit different with the Christmas Blessings set. All I've been able to come up with for it as of late involved big rectangles. The stamp of the Holy Family is great, but super long. So, today I decided to try to fit them into a circle. And I didn't just want to do the normal coloring routine either. I really wanted a stained glass effect. Then I remembered a tutorial I saw forever ago on Splitcost Stampers about using vellum to get the stained glass feel without a ton of extra effort. Perfect.
It's hard to see in this photo, but I also used Smooch Spritz on the Razzleberry paper to provide some context for my brushed gold frame. I never want to put too much sparkle in with a nativity scene, but I think this lends just enough. Hope your week is off to a great start!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!