Come explore the world of stamping with me!

10 May 2011

It's Summer! (Almost)



Wow! Doesn't this one just about shout "Summer"? I've been spending lots of time in schools the last couple of weeks and you can just feel the almost summer vibe. Perhaps that's where this card came from. I really wanted to experiment more with the new colored embossing powders from the Summer Mini Catalog & saw a great technique that showcases them inside our demonstrator magazine. It's how I made the multicolored central flower. You just mask parts of the flower while you add the different colors of powder. Super simple, but such a "wow" effect when you're finished. This set is a brand new one for me. I couldn't resist when I saw it was 30% off for the month of May. Little did I know at the time that it would be just a great fit for this new technique. :) My biggest challenge on this card was finding the finishing touch that told me the card was done. I had it all almost assembled before I realized it needed a Jumbo Brad in the center of the flower. That was it! It's always such a relief to find that last little bit that makes my design complete. I hope this one adds a little summer sunshine to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!