Come explore the world of stamping with me!

22 December 2010

Cottage Garden Z Fold


WOW! I just checked the date & today marks this blog's 1st Birthday! A huge thank you to all of you who have checked in to see what I've been up to for the last year. Such fun to have an anniversary. I'll look forward to year two & hope you will all come along for the ride!
I was looking for something new to do for today's card. Specifically, I wanted to try out a new fold and I found a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers for this "Swinging Z Fold". I've been at it for a couple of hours now... and I'm pretty okay with this one. :) I tried it with three layers for the cut out as shown in the tutorial, but it came out looking like something my 5 year old nephew would bring home from school. Not that he isn't talented, but I was hoping for a little better scissor work than that! So, I created my own DSP instead by stamping both sides of the Whisper White cardstock. Then I added just a touch of the Sunny Garden designer series paper to make things pop. My favorite part of this card is the sentiment though. I just inked a little part of the stamp & punched it out with the little tiny oval punch that was introduced in the Holiday Mini. All in all a pretty simple card given all the experimentation that went into it! It's a good thing I don't post all of my attempts. I think it would scare you all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!