Come explore the world of stamping with me!

28 December 2010

Springtime Vintage Bouquet Squares


While my parents were here for their Christmas visit, I got to give my mom a few tutorials on stamping. She's become quite the card maker herself & just needs to know how to use some of the different toys and where to start with designing. So, while dad, Jeff, and I played pinball, mom and I made cards. This was our first. For Christmas she got a bunch of our Impressions Folders including Elegant Bouquet. I wanted to show her how to use the folder for more that just decorating a card front. Also, I really wanted to use the Springtime Vintage designer paper from the new Occasions Mini (which starts next week!). So, I showed her how to use the color pallet for the paper as a guide when picking what colors to use on your card. It's so handy that Stampin' Up spells it out for you & takes out all the guess work! Mom also was curious about how sponging works, so I had her sponge the Pear Pizazz layer on this card. More on sponging basics in our next card. :) I had a bit of Victoria Crochet Trim around and thought it went great with this card. Oh, and mom also got a Word Window Punch to go with her Teeny Tiny Wishes set (a new stamper must) so I thought I would show her how nicely even one of the longest sentiment from that set fits in her new punch. All in all, a fun first lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!