Come explore the world of stamping with me!

09 December 2010

Reinker Ornaments

Over a year ago, I bought a bunch of clear ornaments thinking that I would make a shrinky dink project with them. Well, there were several issues with baking the shrinky dink inside the balls. It was a great idea, but didn't quite work out. So, these little guys have been sitting around waiting for the right opportunity. Well, thanks to some of my teammates on Stampin' Connection (the demo only social networking site through Stampin' Up) I found just the right project. Thanks so much to Keri Young for pointing me in the right direction. All it takes is some reinker & a dab of shimmer paint (other folks used glitter, but that process drove me crazy) to transform a clear glass ball into something special. Then, I ran a little bit of Sticky Sheet through the Big Shot with the Star Die to make an easy embellishment for the ball. The Glass Glitter sticks so well to the Sticky Sheet that it makes working with a round surface no problem. After making one with Baja Breeze, I just had to try it out with a darker color. So, I took out my Bravo Burgundy and give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!