Come explore the world of stamping with me!

13 January 2011

Springtine Vintage Butterflies


I must really be ready for spring because I find myself making more and more cards that feature butterflies. My very favorites are those from the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. They are just so easy to make and give an elegance to each card that features them. This time, I added a little something extra to the big butterfly. It's coated with Dazzling Diamonds glitter thanks to some Heat & Stick Powder. I cut my Always Artichoke layer using my Circle Cutter. We've finally made friends. :) I've found the secret to this tool is to use LOTS of temporary adhesive on the piece of paper you are trying to cut. Then, you get a lovely circle each and every time. Not enough adhesive & you'll only make a big mess. Trust me, I've made several of those. My frugal tendencies have to be curbed when I use the Circle Cutter. It's worth it in the end! This card makes me think of tea parties and luncheons in the garden sun. Perhaps I've read too much Austen? Or maybe it's just thoughts of my upcoming British adventure sneaking into my card making.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!