Come explore the world of stamping with me!

13 August 2012

Floral District Mojo/ Mojo Monday #254

This is one of the first signs I may actually be getting back into gear: I completed my Mojo Monday card on MONDAY.  That hasn't happened in a long while. :)  Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for me and I hope to get off on the right foot.  Hence actually focusing on my Mojo Monday sketch.  I know my organization is bound to deteriorate as a new job begins, but I wanted to start with things as well off as possible.  That way, they have a lot further to go! :)  I've been eyeing this pattern from the Floral District designer paper ever since it arrived as part of my title benefit bundle.  Isn't it lovely?  I knew I wanted to create something elegant with it.  However, I was struggling a bit until I added Night of Navy to my color mix.  Originally, I had a Tangerine Tango pennant on the far right, but that just wasn't doing the trick.  I was inspired by some simple Night of Navy Grosgrain ribbon and decided to sponge my layers with Night of Navy as well.  The overall effect could work for any occasion from birthday to sympathy.  I like to keep things versatile because you never know what sort of card you'll need next.  Do you recognise the leaf stamped on the small rectangle?  It's from the Language of Friendship set & is designed to punch out using the XL Bird Punch.  I just inked that bit of the image with my markers so the leaf could fly solo on this card.  Perhaps I would punch some leaves to go with it next time around?  We'll see what folks decide to do at class this month.  I bet no two cards look alike.  That's one of my favorite parts of class!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...that's so so pretty! Love your card!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!