Come explore the world of stamping with me!

07 June 2011

Quail Mojo/ Mojo Monday #194



One of the worst part about the Last Chance list was that some of my last chance sets had never even seen ink! I'm determined to change that before I need to retire them. Happy Together is one of the sets I got through Sale-a-Bration this year that I had my eye on for a long time. Those little quail just make me smile. However, I just hadn't found the right opportunity to use them. So, I was ever so pleased that they worked well with this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Knowing I wanted to use them helped me narrow down my color pallet to Early Espresso, So Saffron, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, & Very Vanilla. Okay, perhaps "narrowed down" isn't the right term--- that's a pretty big color pallet! I even used two different colors of ribbon. Yikes! I think there is a lot of color without feeling too busy or disjointed though. They seem to complement each other well & I so rarely get to use More Mustard & Cajun Craze in the summer time. The four different textures also seem to work together well. They give the colors just a little extra richness. As usual, a fun sketch from the ladies over at Mojo Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Phenomenal colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set, and love how you've used it with the various embossed patterns. Really nice.

    Julie x

    hhtp://www.the-crafty-bug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how darling! Love the colors and mix of textured panels. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!