Come explore the world of stamping with me!

10 June 2011

Not What I Expected.../ Color Throwdown 145




I sat down this morning with a pretty good idea about what I was going to make. Last night, I checked out the Color Throwdown colors of the week: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, & Pear Pizzazz. I decided that these colors would work great with Pick a Petal. So, this morning I made a super cool butterfly using Pick a Petal. I cut out the wings (gasp! You know I so rarely cut things by hand), embossed the wings, & textured the body. You may notice that this card is oddly butterfly free. Who knew? As I made my "butterfly" card I experimented with the soon to be retired Flower Blossom Sizzlet & just loved how it layered with my flower punch. I added the elegant lines background and soon realized that there really was no room on this card for the butterfly! For a while I tried to force it, but that so wasn't working. Instead, I trimmed down my Whisper White background, tried a couple different options for the layer behind it, & ended with more Pear Pizzazz and a bunch of cheery flowers. I guess it just goes to show that you never know where you'll end up. Perhaps that lovely butterfly will show up on another card some time soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the embossing...the flower...everything! Lovely! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love your unique layout and how you used our palette!

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!