Come explore the world of stamping with me!

02 June 2011

Tart & Tangy Polka Dots/ Color Throwdown #144



Sorry for the lack of post yesterday. It was the release day for SU's Last Chance List & I spent the morning figuring out which of my favorite sets will be gone at the end of the month. Well, that and celebrating all the fun new stuff that is coming our way in the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog. I should have toys to make pre-view projects soon!
Today's card is a goodbye to two of my long time favorites: Tart & Tangy and Cheers to you. The fun summer colors from the Color Throwdown were a perfect match for a Tart & Tangy card--- Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, & Certainly Celery. I love making Gate Fold cards with the little citrus slices from this set. For the background flaps on this one, I used Shimmer Mist on the Mambo polka dots & then ran the whole thing through the Big Shot after I adhered my dots. The natural sentiment for this card came from the Cheers to you set, so I'll include a photo of the inside too. Typically, all my retired sets end up in my big retired sale in July, but Cheers to You is one of those I'm not going to be able to part with...at least not for a good long while. Make sure you get yours while there is still time!

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the Tart & Tangy set!! I love how you used the polka dots too! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!