Come explore the world of stamping with me!

29 July 2011

Color Throwdown #152



It's been a super long time since I've participated in the Color Throwdown. I miss that extra stretch I have to take when using colors that I would have never put together on my own. I guess that's why they call it a color "challenge". This week's choices were no exception: Rose Red, Mellon Mambo, Soft Suede, & River Rock. I NEVER use River Rock. In fact, all my colors have a file folder with full sheets & a paper protector with scraps. Most have a full pack with a few extra sheets & a whole bunch of scraps. However, when I took out my River Rock folder, all I found was a sheet and a half. Period. That shows you just how little attention I pay that color!

Since I have all sorts of new toys to play with, I started getting them out to see what would happen. My very favorite of the new hostess sets, Happiest Birthday Wishes, (it's HUGE) came out first. Then my Fancy Fan Letterpress Plate had to come out of its package too. I actually read the directions on that one, aren't you proud? I just kept fiddling until I came up with something that works. All my Soft Suede bits found their way through my crimper while the River Rock pieces were treated with my Color Spritzer tool. A few scrap buttons & I was finished! Now, I have the rest of my new toys to experiment with...stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Glad you stretched yourself with the challenge! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to do this challenge, great job! Love the way you used the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!