Come explore the world of stamping with me!

20 July 2011

You Learn Something New Every Day...



Or at least I sure did while at Stampin' Up Convention! The very first night of convention we had a SU "garden party". There were prizes, games, & (my favorite) demonstrations. While watching one of the incredible punch demos, I learned how to make this great flower using the 3/4" Circle Punch & the Large Oval Punch. Hint: punch those circles first. It makes life MUCH easier. As soon as I saw the flower, I knew I needed to create a card with it for this week's classes. I did a little fun trick with the Bitty Button too. Just a few rubs with a sanding block & your clear button is instantly frosted. Nice, huh? It's another tid bit I picked up from a convention demonstration. I have a feeling I'll be spouting new tips gleaned from my time there for months to come! Oh, and did you check out the new embossing folders? I used both the Hound's Tooth & the Stripes folders on this card. Love them! The overall card is pretty simple, but the little details here & there really make it pop! I love that there is always so much more to learn in the world of stamping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!