Come explore the world of stamping with me!

08 July 2011

Crimped Build a Blossom


Well this one was sure a fun surprise! I wanted to play with the new in color, Pool Party. So, I just started playing around. I'm also excited that the Build a Blossom set made the transition from mini-catalog to the Idea Book & Catalog. Now I get to have all sorts of fun using it again! I experimented with a few flower ideas/combinations when I stumbled upon the Pool Party & Night of Navy combo. Love it! Thank goodness for clear stamps. They made stamping the second layer on top of the first a breeze! My stamped flower wasn't enough though...even with the two colors of layers. I started working on the center of the flower & tried at least three with no luck. :( Silly me! I just needed to add a few petals created with the coordinating punch for this set! I wanted to give them a bit more dimension so I ran them through the crimper before adhering them. Perfect! I did the same to the Night of Navy background square & lightened the whole thing up with a Whisper White background. Lots of experimentation for a simple card, but I'm pleased with the end design!




1 comment:

  1. Fun card! I can't wait to play with my new crimper too! -Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!