Come explore the world of stamping with me!

19 February 2011

Cat Sympathy


This week, one of my dear friends had to say goodbye to her long time feline companion. It's such a hard thing. I wanted to send along a little card letting her know that I'm thinking of her. The little kitty silhouette from C is for Cat works well for this situation & I decided to pair her with the colors and patterns that make me think of my friend. A full frame from the Framed Tulips seemed to add way too much Early Espresso & turned the card entirely too dark. So, I opted for a partial frame combined with some of the lovely flowers from the Springtime Vintage designer paper. My Marina Mist Scallop Circle was a bit too plain. To solve that problem, I just ran it through the Big Shot with my Elegant Lines Folder. I wasn't sure if enough of the embossed image would show to make a difference, but it really did. All in all it's simple, tasteful, and with hope-- all things any sympathy card should be regardless of the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!