Come explore the world of stamping with me!

21 February 2011

Masculine Bird Birthday/ Mojo Monday 179


Today I set myself a few extra challenges to go with the Mojo Monday sketch. When I saw the layout I told myself I needed to use Springtime Vintage as the designer paper square & that my three dots would be eyelets. That didn't give me the impression that I'd be making a masculine card, but that's exactly where I ended up. Springtime Vintage is pretty girly, but these green stripes aren't! I also brought out a few old friends. I used Lovely as a Tree in the background (the first SU set I ever bought) and dusted off my Cajun Craze paper. Far too often I find that I only bring this great color out for fall cards. I had the same issue with Really Rust. Every now and then, it's important to remind myself that it's a great color all the time! Otherwise, why would I have used it as the inspiration for my house color?

2 comments:

  1. Great card, I like the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your card. The partial bird in the circle, cajun craze mixed in with the green (which green, by the way?), the stripes, the trees. But also, it's really an "everybody" card. I could see giving this on many occasions.Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!