Come explore the world of stamping with me!

15 September 2010

Autumn Leaves


A few branches in my tree out front have already started to sport their fall colors, so I took that as clearance to make more fall cards. For years, I've been taken with the Autumn Harvest set not only for the incredible pumpkins & gourds but also for this great leaf & the little acorn in the set. Embossing the leaves first made it easy to watercolor in each of them. The real struggle on this card was the background. I tried a Big Shot folder, but that just didn't seem to work. Then I went for totally plain. Again, it didn't work. Finally I thought to have the leaves falling, but I didn't want to use another color of ink to keep things simple in class. Of course, I realized there was no need to change ink colors: Versamark would do the trick! Since my sentiment was already stamped & embossed, I could just stamp right over it while creating my background. Another happy accident works out as if I planned it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this one! But of course, I love all fall cards as it's my favorite season and color palette :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!