Come explore the world of stamping with me!

13 September 2010

Thankful Pumpkin


I'm absolutely guilty of sleeping in this morning. It was still dark & the covers were nice and warm... That's why my Mojo Monday will have to wait until later. :) However, I put together this little number last night so I still have something fun to share. For such a simple card, I hate to admit to how long it took me to put it together!
I started out knowing I wanted to use the little pumpkin die along with a 2 1/2" Circle as my centerpiece, but nothing else. Then, the Woodland Walk paper seemed like a great idea (it took a bit to decide which sheet of course). Next I needed a sentiment, but this one didn't fit if I oriented the card the way I had planned. So I switched that around. The oval didn't quite do it for me which caused me to add the Designer Label punch. Oh! Then I remembered having Hodgepodge Hardware that matched. Twill tape & corner rounding came in there somewhere too. The real problem was that the pumpkin looked wrong all alone. It took FOREVER for me to discover that all I needed were a few flowers from Designer Paper to finish the job. Whew! That gives you an idea of my design thought process. Messy, huh? Rarely do I have a whole card figured out in my head before I start. Most of the time I'm wandering down this twisty path. It's a fun adventure either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!