Come explore the world of stamping with me!

09 September 2010

Guest Book


Yikes, sorry about the glare on this one. I never claimed to have any skill at photography, but I've already given this to its proper owner so there isn't a chance for a retake.
One of my dear friends is hosting a reception for her stepson this weekend and asked if I would put together a guest book for them. It was a new challenge for me because I really didn't know what colors to use & because it's a larger format than I'm used to working with.
I wanted to do something elegant so I stuck with black & white at first. Then I tried adding red, but it looked like some sort of bad Valentine at that point. The solution came along with the UPS man. I ordered some of our brushed gold cardstock for Xmas cards and found it provided just the touch of elegance I was after. It also embossed in the Big Shot beautifully. There's a lot of embossing going on here between Big Shot use and heat embossing on the sentiment & the birds themselves. Sorry the photo didn't turn out better, but the end result worked well for the happy occasion. Whew! I had my fingers crossed on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!